- The Department of Microbiology is one of the most relevant, dynamic and exciting disciplines in the Medical sciences, a perfect blend of
Academic, diagnostic & research activities.
- The faculty actively participates in teaching & corrective evaluation of both undergraduate & Post-graduate students throughout the year.
- The department has a very strong clinical microbiological diagnostic set up actively monitored by the faculty in charge of each section like HIV & HCV, HBsAg etc.
- They are also actively carrying out research activities in their respective fields of interest in Microbiology.
- At present the department is well equipped with almost all the advanced facility for clinical diagnostics and research work like:
- Automated culture system for blood and body fluids
- Automated and conventional TB culture system
- Well equipped laboratory for Bacteriology, Parasitology, Mycology and Serology tests
- Department is a leading member in Hospital infection control program and plays a crucial role in antibiotic stewardship program for the institute.
- Department of Microbiology actively participates in various national programs like RNTCP, ICTC, IDSP etc.